At Black Studies at UT Austin, we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff safe while continuing the university’s commitment to education.
In order to reduce the public spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
- Spring Break has been extended and classes will resume on March 30th.
- Most, if not all, classes will transition online for the rest of the Spring semester.
- Faculty and staff are working to supporting students who are on campus, living in residence halls and relying on university services.
- Staff, wherever possible, are working remotely through March 30th and potentially beyond that date.
- All AADS semester events are under review and subject to postponement.
- All Warfield Center events scheduled for April have been cancelled.
- Both AGBS galleries are closed until further notice. Sign-up here for AGBS’ newsletter for the latest updates.
- IUPRA’s Opportunity Forum on March 26th is postponed. Sign-up here for IUPRA’s newsletter for the latest updates.
The new dates for 40 Hours for Forty Acres are May 6th and 7th. Thank you to those who signed up to be ambassadors to help promote Black Studies’ important initiatives. It’s not too late to sign up HERE.
AADS Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Please know that Black Studies is here to support you anyway we can. If you run into any issues or have any questions, you can fill out this form to request assistance from the AADS department.
STAY CONNECTED & INFORMED
As a reminder, President Fenves and a team of university leaders are monitoring necessary changes to our policies and operations. The latest information will be posted HERE. It is being updated regularly, so please refresh and check often.